Latest Industry News
The UK’s aerospace sector is among the best in the world. To maintain this position we need to explore and exploit emerging opportunities and markets.
Organisations are invited to express an interest in a competition worth £150 million a year with their innovative ideas for future aerospace design and manufacture. The best projects will then be invited to apply for grant funding.
The investment is part of the £3.9 billion UK Aerospace Research and Technology (UKART) programme between government and industry.
Innovate UK, the Aerospace Technology Institute (ATI) and Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy coordinate and manage the programme.
Leading the aerospace industry
This competition provides funding for industrial research or capital investment projects that align with the UK Aerospace Technology Strategy.
Priority areas include whole aircraft design and integration, aerostructures, advanced systems and propulsion technologies.
- improve UK whole-aircraft design and system integration
- future-proof advanced systems technologies in the UK – specifically, smart, connected and more electric aircrafts
- secure the UK’s world-leading position in large, complex aviation structures, particularly wings
- develop more efficient propulsion technologies, including large turbofans
- the competition will open on 4 February 2019, and the deadline for expressions of interest is at midday on 11 February 2018
- UK-based business, research and technology groups and academic organisations can be the project lead, depending on the project type
- businesses could get up to 70% of their costs for industry-led research projects, or up to 50% of their costs for capital investment projects
- organisations must sign up to the ATI framework agreement
- an online briefing event will be held on 11 February 2018 where organisations can find out more about the competition and applying
Contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. This article first appeared on the Gov.uk website. View the original article HERE.
For tailored advice on how to best manage your personal and business finances, get in touch with us today and find out about how CBHC can help you do more with your money.