Happy New Year! Hopefully you’ve had a well-deserved Christmas break and have come back to work raring to go. However, if understandably you’re feeling rather cautious after so much negativity in the press, we’re here to remind you that there are several reasons to feel positive about 2012.
As financial experts with over 2,000 clients in Essex and London, we have a good insight into how local businesses are faring, and what’s clear is that this year will continue to reward the best: those who offer the best service, the best value, and are structured and managed in the best way for the challenges and opportunities ahead.
So if you’re slightly in the doldrums after the festive high, take at look at some concrete reasons to feel better about the coming year, and then call us to make sure you’re in the best possible position to make sure your business achieves its full potential!
Clearly the economy is suffering, but the outlook for entrepreneurial small and medium sized businesses is encouraging. A key difference between this recession and the last is that business is far more fragmented – with SMEs accounting for 99% of all enterprise in the UK. Add to this the wealth of communications technology available to all, and we’re in a far better position to survive and prosper than in any previous downturn.
A snap-shot of recent good news:
- Last year alone 480,000 new businesses were created, creating jobs and investment opportunities throughout the UK.
- The Markit/CIPS Purchasing Managers’ Index showed an increase in the UK service sector, with better than expected performances for the manufacturing and construction sectors.
- British factories received a surge in orders from Germany, Eastern Europe and China in December in 2011.
- Christmas high street sales were much stronger than anticipated.
- House purchase loans have hit their highest level since December 2009.
- Four fifths of SMEs (up from 76 percent in 2010) believe that 2012 will be as prosperous or more prosperous than 2011.
- Advances in digital marketing and social media have made communicating with new and existing customers much easier for every business. With access to such a powerful and cost effective tool, more and more companies are finding themselves better able to compete.
Success in this context relies upon sustained investment in skills, innovation, service and organisation. We can help you with some of these areas – and probably more than you’d expect from a traditional accountant. In addition to being experts in all aspects of corporate finance, we also have sector-specific expertise and are well placed to help you develop, grow and even network.
So whether you need an injection of positivity, or we’re preaching to the converted and you want to find out more about how we can help you this year, please contact CBHC today.